1. Resin Adirondack chairs are primarily designed for outdoor use, but a leap in popularity finds owners of rustic cabins and resorts decorating with Adirondack chairs and matching Adirondack ottomans and Adirondack tables. Cafes are using outdoor Adirondack chairs because they eliminate the need for outdoor tables; armrests are spacious enough to rest drinks and small plates.
2. For portability, Adirondack chairs and Adirondack rocking chairs come in folding styles for both children and adults. Adirondack chairs are durable, all-weather chairs; add an Adirondack ottoman for lounging relaxation. If portability is really a concern, take a look at some of our Adirondack furniture. Many of our ottomans and Adirondack tables fold up for easy transport and storage.
3. Choose Adirondack patio furniture in a variety of woods, such as cedar, mahogany, and teak, or the easier-to-maintain and most durable, resin. When purchasing resin Adirondack furniture, beware of less desirable, inferior-quality resin products; quality resin Adirondack furniture is equivalent to the most expensive wood chairs and tables.
4. Adirondack outdoor furniture, like Adirondack rockers and Adirondack benches, has a timeless beauty. Wood can be left bare to weather naturally, it can be sealed or stained in order to preserve the natural beauty of the wood, or it can be painted any color to match the home or landscape. Some of the most popular Adirondack furniture pieces include Adirondack porch swings, Adirondack rocking chairs, fan-back chairs, and recliners with or without comfortable patio cushions.
5. Often, Adirondack outdoor furniture purchased online is left in its original wood state. It is, however, possible to purchase wood Adirondack chairs online that are already stained or painted, and some are customized to meet individual needs. If you lack painting or staining experience, consult someone more versed in furniture refinishing before you paint, stain, or seal your Adirondack furniture. If a teak Adirondack chair is not properly finished, permanent damage may occur.
6. When refinishing your teak Adirondack chair or Adirondack rocking chair, select a stain or paint with UV protection; a water sealant should also be applied to avoid moisture damage. Check the labels of sealing products before you purchase them. Although one sealer works perfect on one type of paint or stain, it might have an adverse effect with another paint or stain.
7. You can purchase outdoor furniture in Adirondack patio sets for a fashionable outdoor grouping. Adirondack patio sets are available with a pair of wood Adirondack chairs (optional ottomans), a stainless steel and mosaic tile fire pit, and even a fleece blanket to chase away the chill on cold nights. And don't forget the Adirondack table. It's an important centerpiece to any set, and the perfect accent to all Adirondack furniture pieces.
8. The easy care and rugged design of plastic Adirondack chairs make them a perfect addition for casual room settings. Try adding an Adirondack lounger to a boy's room, or a rocker to a girl's room for a comfortable and cozy reading corner. Add Adirondack chair cushions for additional comfort. Adirondack furniture can look right at home just about anywhere.
9. Adirondack outdoor furniture constructed from genuine cedar wood is perfect for porches, patios, sun rooms, and poolsides. Cedar is durable, comes in a variety of natural shades, and looks beautiful in natural finishes or painted. Because it does not hold the heat, cedar Adirondack chairs are cool to the touch and comfortable in the hot sun.
10. Folding Adirondack furniture is perfect for the family that holds summer pool parties, neighborhood backyard barbecues, and other informal gatherings that require adequate seating for a large number of people. Not only are folding Adirondack chairs comfortable and nearly indestructible, once the party is over, extra folding chairs can also be stored away until the next weekend or summer event. Adirondack benches are also ideal for those who love to entertain as they'll seat several people at once.
Find more information in our Adirondack Furniture Helpful Information section!
"Excellent website. Wonderful shopping experience. Received my two chairs and ottomans today. Very fast service. The chairs are great!! Perfect color. Set up in a flash. Only four bolts per chair. They look like they are built to last 100 years, too. Very pleased."